Wednesday, October 13, 2010

CourtHouse

          I still get taken back by the amount of information that can be obtained on almost everyone. After going through, what seemed like airport security, I looked around and was amazing at how nice the Courthouse looked and also how big it was. I envisioned a courthouse like the one in “My cousin Vinny” and was completely wrong. After hearing about all of the public record readily available to me, I just wanted to go back and spend the whole day looking up everyone I know.
         I found it fascinating that some people will go down to the Courthouse and create database from the information and then sell it. At first I didn’t believe Douglas Bakke, director of; family law, domestic violence, collections, sealing and expungement unit. But wouldn’t you know it that while I was on level 5 of the courthouse there was a women sitting there on her laptop doing exactly that. Personally I would drive myself crazy sitting there all day and typing all that data.
          When I went back to the first floor I noticed the extremely long line at the traffic desk.  The people could have been there to pay citations or if they had a problem paying online they would come in and pay them.  I kept thinking to myself how annoyed those people would be when they reached that counter because if I was in their shoes I wouldn’t be a happy camper.
            I went into the Family Law office where I saw some people looking over documents. I learned that this would be the office to go to if I wanted to learn about custody battles. Lucky for me, Doug Belden (the person I am profiling) has gone through a divorce and custody battle. So while I was there I looked up all of the cases file numbers through the computer and wrote them down so I can go in at a later date with them.
        I’ve tried to use the www.hillsclerk.com website but find it kind of difficult to find information. I think for any information I need I’m just going to take the trip down to the Courthouse. 

No comments:

Post a Comment